Issue #12086 has been updated by Shugo Maeda.

Thomas Enebo wrote:
> What is the scope of instance_eval here?  Can I do:

The answer is yes, in my original proposal.  But It may be possible to prohibit these uses.

If we add such a restriction, the following way suggested by Charles might be better:

```
require "radd_djur"

calc = RaddDjur::Grammar.new(:expr) {
  using RaddDjur::DSL

  define :expr do # refined call to "define"
    [:int, "+", :int].bind { |x, *, y|  # refined "bind"
      ret x + y # refined "ret" and "+"
    } / # refined "/"
    [:int, "-", :int].bind { |x, *, y| # etc
      ret x - y
    }
```

> Either of these essentially makes a lexically defined feature into a non-lexical one.  It also means absolutely any code in the system may potentially be refined.

Yes.

Feature #12086: using: option for instance_eval etc.