I understand the implementation difficulty. If we prohibit `super` in refined methods in Modules, is it possible to refine modules?
If it's reasonably possible, I'd like to accept this.

Matz.

Feature #12534: Refinements: refine modules as well

* Author: Tiago Cardoso
* Assignee: Shugo Maeda
Refinements were added as a feature to scope monkey-patches on ruby core elements. This works for elements such as String, Array (all classes), but not for modules (Enumerable, Timeout...).

This might be related to refinements not working for singleton classes (for example, I can't define a class method inside a refine block).

This code is evaluated, but the method is undefined:

module Extension
 refine Array do
   def self.foo ; puts "bar" ; end

This code breaks: