Issue #12722 has been updated by Jrg W Mittag.

Is that really necessary? Sure, the keywords are derived from English, but they aren't English, they are Ruby. `class` is an English word, but it has a very specific meaning in Ruby. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that it actually *helps* learning Ruby if you simply treat the keywords as nonsense gibberish and don't have any preconceived notions about what they should mean.

And besides, it's not just the 40 or so keywords, it's also the dozens, hundreds, thousands of predefined constants, globals, and methods just in the core library, let alone the entire standard libraries (where you will also have to change all directory and file names and the corresponding `require` calls, I mean `Цɦ` calls).

Misc #12722: Localizing Ruby

* Author: Filippos Vasilakis
* Assignee:
I would like to teach Ruby in kids. However, the kids I am aiming for don't speak English and their age is below 10. Is there a way I can localize Ruby reserved words and errors? in theory it shouldn't be that difficult, in practice I don't know how much work it is.

Thank you.

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/