Issue #12681 has been updated by Vit Ondruch.

Status changed from Assigned to Closed

It seems that r56049 and r56050 fixes the remaining issues for me. Thx.

Bug #12681: Gemfied tk issue

* Author: Vit Ondruch
* Assignee: Nobuyoshi Nakada
* ruby -v: ruby 2.4.0dev (2016-08-16 trunk 55915) [x86_64-linux]
First of all, thank you for moving Tk into independent gem.

Nevertheless, I have one concern. So far, you left the tcltklib.so and tkutil.so under ruby lib directory. This is unfortunately major flaw, since the Tk gem is not one of the default gems. Hence, if you install more versions of Tk library, there might be collision among them.

Also, the "gem install tk" does not build the extension, so that is another source of possible issues.

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/