Issue #12686 has been reported by Naotoshi Seo.

Feature #12686: Allowing a postposed rescue in a method argument
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/12686

* Author: Naotoshi Seo
* Assignee:
On defining my own DSL, I wanted to write a code like:

```
foo (Integer(ENV['FOO']) rescue nil)
```

where `foo` is a method which receives one argument , but I got following error

```
SyntaxError: (irb):1: syntax error, unexpected modifier_rescue, expecting ')'
```

In contrast, following codes were valid:

```
foo ((Integer(ENV['FOO']) rescue nil))
```

or

```
foo (begin; Integer(ENV['FOO']); rescue; nil; end)
```

This is a feature request to allow such a syntax, a postposed rescue in a method argument.

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/