Ryan Nevell wrote:
> Is there any way to re-raise an exception and propagate `backtrace_locations`? When I want to trap an exception and provide a different exception class and error message, I'm used to doing something like:

Nothing right now.

> If only some exceptions will have a valid `backtrace_locations` array (matching the information in `backtrace`), it is difficult to write code that takes advantage of this feature.

Agree.

Feature #8960: Add Exception#backtrace_locations

* Author: Charles Nutter
* Assignee: Charles Nutter
All parties agreed this would be useful to add in https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/7895 and ko1 suggested I file a feature against ruby-trunk. So here it is.

I might be able to come up with a patch, but I'm not sure when. Help wanted.

Can we agree this will go into 2.1?

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/