Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:
> `map_values`, `map_keys` and `map_pairs` seems consistent.
>
> In addition, we are considering adding a method to create a hash from an enumerable in a similar way to `map_pairs` or `map_kv`.

What would be the semantics?
For simple cases there is already Enumerable#to_h for an enumeration of pairs:

~~~ ruby
(1..4).each_cons(2).map {|k,v| ... }.to_h
~~~

For more complex cases, would it be something like Enumerable#associate or #categorize (#4151) ?

Feature #12512: Import Hash#transform_values and its destructive version from ActiveSupport