We looked at this issue at yesterday's developer meeting.  Developers could not locate the bug at sight because test-all log lacks C-level backtrace (was this due to hppa's architecture or just a stripped binary?).

Ruby definitely needs a hppa port mentor for further investigation.  Does anyone stand?

Bug #12489: hppa problems on Debian GNU/Linux

* Author: Eric Wong
* Assignee:
* ruby -v:
* Backport: 2.1: UNKNOWN, 2.2: UNKNOWN, 2.3: REQUIRED
It looks like there's problems with hppa under Debian GNU/Linux.

Initially reported as a kgio RubyGem bug, but "test-all" fails pretty
badly under Ruby 2.3.1:

https://bugs.debian.org/827220
http://dellerweb.de/debug-logs/ruby2.3-make-test-all.log

Just forwarding this along, I'm not at all familiar with
this architecture myself and barely have time for ruby-core
as it is.

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/