john / johnkeiser.com wrote:
> The socket extension in core Ruby does not link due to a
> missing `inet_ntop`, which was added during the Solaris 10
> series (10u7, I believe).
>
> This patch gets it compiling again by creating a static
> inet_ntop (same as in getaddrbyname.c) on systems that do not
> have it. This definitely happens on 2.3.1 and definitely does
> not happen on 2.1.9. Not sure about 2.2.

That suggests we have a bug in the build system about detecting
and setting the correct flags for linkage and headers.

It's been many years since I touched Solaris, but I'm fairly
sure the function existed in 8, even if it's a different
signature as gnulib docs indicates:

https://bogomips.org/mirrors/gnulib.git/plain/doc/posix-functions/inet_ntop.texi