Issue #12639 has been reported by Samuel Giddins.

Feature #12639: Speed up require in RubyGems by 5x
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/12639

* Author: Samuel Giddins
* Assignee:
This patch makes requiring an already-loaded file approximated 5x faster when the RubyGems mixin for require is present.
Benchmarked via the following script:

~~~ ruby
require "rubygems"
require "benchmark/ips"

Benchmark.ips do |x|
	x.report("ruby") { gem_original_require "rubygems" }
	x.report("rubygems") { require "rubygems" }

	x.compare!
end
~~~

I understand that it's not ideal to add new global functions, and I'd appreciate guidance on where else I could expose this functionality to ruby code.

Thanks :)

feature_loaded.patch (1.85 KB)

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/