At Wed, 22 Jan 2003 14:31:06 +0900,
Nathaniel Talbott wrote:
> isn't a good place for the Test::Unit tests to go (yet). Thus, I'm
> planning on importing Test::Unit, using something like the following:
>
>   cvs -d:pserver:ntalbott / cvs.ruby-lang.org:/src import -Ipre-install.rb
> -m "Imported Test::Unit 0.1.6" ruby/lib testunit testunit_0-1-6
>
> Now, I just discovered this command tonight, so maybe it isn't a good
> way to do this. What I see as the advantage, though, is that then I can
> just re-import every time I release a new version of Test::Unit, and the
> main ruby distro won't be affected by bugs (yes, even with testing I
> still introduce bugs <sigh>) that I may create in active development.

The procedure is OK.  You can keep developing the module in the rough/
tree and import every stable release snapshot into ruby/lib/ for 1.8
and into shim/ruby16/lib/ for 1.6.

By the way, would you convert the indentation of the Test::Unit files
from tab to 2-space?  Our standard coding convention requires 2-space
indentation.  Perhaps just adding some editor directives for emacs and
vi will do, though.

Regards,

--
                     /
                    /__  __            Akinori.org / MUSHA.org

"It went right by me -- At the time it went over my head
   I was looking out the window.. I should have looked at your face instead"