Issue #12607 has been updated by Tsuyoshi Sawada.

Do we want to have another integer variant just after having `Fixnum` and `Bignum` excluded in favor of the `Integer` class?

Bug #12607: Ruby needs an atomic integer

* Author: Shyouhei Urabe
* Assignee:
* ruby -v:
(This one was derived from bug #12463)

Although I don't think += would become atomic, at the same time I understand Rodrigo's needs of _easier_ counter variable that resists inter-thread tampering.  I don't think ruby's Integer class can be used for that purpose for reasons (mainly because it is not designed with threads in mind).  Rather we should introduce a integer class which is carefully designed.

Why not import Concurrent::AtomicFixnum into core?

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/