Bug #12461: Hash & keys to make subset.

* Author: Samuel Williams
* Assignee:
* ruby -v:
It would be nice if Hash had a way to create a sub-hash with a limited set of keys. This would be useful for keyword functions in particular, because sometimes you have a large hash of things and you only want to send a subset to another function.

A definition somewhat like:

    class Hash
        def &(keys)
            keys.each_with_object(self.class.new) {|key, hash| hash[key] = self[key] if has_key?(key)}

You can see some similar definitions here: https://github.com/rails/rails/blob/b670fadb978c8a12c3414ed842cd49e4fde2cec0/activesupport/lib/active_support/core_ext/hash/slice.rb#L21

It might be nice to support `slice` and `slice!` in a similar logical sense to `Array` rather than proposed `&` operator above - that would just be nice shortcut.

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/