Feature #11813: Extend safe navigation operator for [] and []= with syntax sugar

* Author: Tsuyoshi Sawada
* Assignee: Yukihiro Matsumoto
Now we have the safe navigation operator `&.`. But this cannot be used with syntax sugar form of the methods `[]` and `[]=`, which are more frequent than their ordinary forms of method call. For example, when `a` can be either an array or `nil`, we can do:

    a &.[](3)
    a &.[]= 2, :foo

but we cannot do:

    a &.[3]
    a &.[2] = :foo

It would be nice if we can extend the use of `&.` to cover syntactic sugar as above.

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/