Assignee changed from Yukihiro Matsumoto to Akira Tanaka

Feature #12596: Add Pathname#empty? to be consistent with Dir.empty? and File.empty?

* Author: John Backus
* Assignee: Akira Tanaka
#9969 and #10121 introduced `Dir.empty?` and `File.empty?`. It would be very useful if `Pathname` had an instance method for performing these same checks.

Since `Pathname` already has several methods which work for both files and directories (for example, `Pathname#exist?`) I propose adding `Pathname#empty?` which would work for expose the behavior that `File.empty?` and `Dir.empty?` provide.

I think this change especially makes sense given that, just like `File.empty?` was added as an alias of `File.zero?`, it seems like `Pathname#zero?` should also benefit from the same naming improvement provided by this alias.

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/