Issue #10121 has been updated by John Backus.

I commented this on #9969 as well. Given that `Dir.empty?` is being introduced I think it would be helpful to also introduce either `Pathname#empty?` (which would check if something is a file or a directory then do the respective empty check) or `Pathname#empty_directory?` (which would assume the path is referring to a directory).

Feature #10121: Dir.empty?

* Author: Robert A. Heiler
* Assignee: Yukihiro Matsumoto
On IRC someone asked how to find out if a directory is empty or not, from within ruby.

It seems as if there was no simple way.

I suggest adding `Dir.empty?`

On IRC, someone else suggested this:

~~~ruby
Dir.entries(dir).size == 2
~~~

I do not know if there are better ways but possibly that could
be used for a `Dir.empty?` functionality?

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/