Issue #12578 has been updated by Robert A. Heiler.

I like the idea behind it.

I am not sure about the syntax itself. Would this break existing code? What are the constraints how it is used?

Feature #12578: Instance Variables Assigned In parameters ( ala Crystal? )

* Author: Matt Lankford
* Assignee:
When I first saw the instance assignments in Crystal, I was floored... I have looked at all 18 pages in this tracker and thought it "must" have been mentioned in here... but I don't see it... pardon me if I missed it...

BUT

so in Crystal, this :

```ruby
class MyStuff

  def initialize @thing_one , @thing_two

```

would replace :

```ruby
class MyStuff

  def initialize thing_one , thing_two
    @thing_one = thing_one
    @thing_two = thing_two

```

One of the things I loved about ruby was `attr_accessor` / `reader` / `writer`...

I know in Crystal, it is a macro, but still at the millions of lines of boilerplate that would go away...

Has no one thought of stealing this from Crystal or is there a good reason this does not exist? ( and I will go sit down and color now )

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/