Hi,

In message "Re: Tricky block args"
    on Mon, 27 Mar 2006 13:54:58 +0900, "Charles O Nutter" <headius / headius.com> writes:

|We are trying to implement some missing block arg functionality. Could
|someone knowledgable about the more unusual methods of declaring block args
|point us to where in the C code it is implemented? Specifically, the ability
|to specify an array or hash location as the target for a block param:
|
|x = [0]
|[1,2].each {|x[0]|}

The assignment to x[0] is done in assign() function, especially at the
code after /* array set */ comment.  It's called from rb_yield_0().

FYI, in the future, block parameters will be restricted to local
variables only, so that I don't recommend using something other than
local variables for the parameters.

							matz.