Hi,

In message "Extensions for Time and ParseDate"
    on 03/01/22, Ryan Davis <ryand-ruby / zenspider.com> writes:

|Eric and I have been hacking around and we can't stand the lack of
|interoperability between Time and ParseDate. We think that one should
|be able to feed the other. We've hacked up the following code (and
|tests!) and would like to see this added if possible. The only thing I
|don't like about this code is that we drop off the timezone argument
|from parsedate. I'm not sure what to do about that, as I don't know how
|to adjust the generated time by the right amount of offset. If someone
|could come up with that, it would be a huge benefit.

Since localtime(3) and gmtime(3) do not understand timezone other than
UTC and local timezone, it is impossible to handle timezone in general
by Time class, except we reimplement whole time functions.

But I like the idea of interoperability.  I'm going to fix Time#local
and Time#gm to work like

  Time.local(*ParseDate.parse(str))

And it also ignores timezone argument.

							matz.
p.s.
Ryan, I also fixed EWOULDBLOCK problem.  I will commit them soon.