Issue #3511 has been updated by George Ogata.

Hiroshi Nakamura wrote:
> Aaron, is this hook extension still needed for your usecase? (assuming Rails?)
>
> Not bad but it would affect performance...

Would this idea still be considered? I find this issue comes up fairly frequently in Rails apps when an object is serialized and deserialized in a separate process.

I think the performance problem could be addressed by keeping the rb_const_defined call, and then only if that fails try the rb_funcall. WDYT?

Feature #3511: rb_path_to_class should call custom const_defined? methods