Feature #12263: Feature request: &&. operator (shorthand for foo && foo.method)

* Author: Johnny Shields
* Assignee:
Ruby 2.3 introduced the `&.` safe-navigation operator. I'd like to propose a `&&.` operator which would be shorthand for:

~~~ruby
foo && foo.method
~~~

Unlike `&.`, this does not continue the chain if the variable evaluates to `false`. This would give the following result:

~~~ruby
false&.class       # => FalseClass
false&&.class      # => false

false&.inexisting  # => raises NoMethodError
false&&.inexisting # => false
~~~

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/