Issue #12350 has been updated by Daniel Ferreira.

Documentation can be improved to use example of callable object don't you think?
I'm happy to create a PR with it.

Feature #12350: Introduce Array#find! that raises an error if element not found

* Author: Andrey Koleshko
* Assignee:
It would be great to have some function (like `Hash#fetch`) for `Array` that raises an exception if element not found by passed block in `find`.

For example:

~~~
[].find! { |el| el == 1 }
=> ElementError: element not found
~~~

I just noticed that there are many cases when it's needed to raise an exception (because this is exceptional situation) if an element not found.

Currently I just define methods like  this one:

~~~
def find_price!(size)
  found_price = prices.find { |p| p.key == size }
  fail "Price for #{size} not found" unless found_price
  found_price
end
~~~

--