Issue #12317 has been updated by Tsuyoshi Sawada.

I realized that the order of modules that I wrote in the expected output is not in accordance with methods like `nesting` or `ancestors` (which go from self to the modules that are farther). So perhaps, the following may be better:

~~~ruby
A::B::C.namespace => [A::B::C, A::B, A]
~~~

Feature #12317: Name space of a module

* Author: Tsuyoshi Sawada
* Assignee:
I want a method to return the  name space of a module, something like:

~~~ruby
class A; module B; module C end end end

A::B::C.namespace => [A, A::B, A::B::C]
~~~

There is `nesting` method that is similar, but that only returns the lexical nesting information.

There are also some known hacks for this, converting the module to the string representation using `to_s` or `name`, and then splitting it by `::`. But that easily breaks if the module is anonymous, or is a singleton module. I would like a more robust, core method.

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/