Issue #9569 has been updated by Jeremy Evans.

Delan Azabani wrote:
> Changing the order of `SecureRandom.gen_random` should be enough to fix this bug, but I would also suggest adding `arc4random(3)` or `getentropy(2)` to the collection of system calls tried by `fill_random_bytes_syscall`, which will mitigate file descriptor exhaustion attacks for OpenBSD users.

Nothing needs to be done on OpenBSD, since SecureRandom.random_bytes uses OpenSSL::Random.random_bytes, which calls RAND_bytes(3).  OpenBSD uses LibreSSL, which on OpenBSD has RAND_bytes(3) call arc4random_buf(3) which calls getentropy(2). OpenBSD's libssl already mitigates file descriptor exhaustion attacks.

Bug #9569: SecureRandom should try /dev/urandom first