Issue #6739 has been updated by Marvin Glker.

I noticed we have a keyword already in Ruby that”Ēs used nearly nowhere and could be a nice fit here. Might not be linguistically optimal, but is not too bad: `in`. That keyword is currently only used for the `for` loop and should thus be fairly clear to tell if not used in a `for` loop.

Suggestion 1:

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ruby
File.read("myfile.txt") rescue Errno::ENOENT in puts "No file there"
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Suggestion 2, building on top the "on" example given earlier:

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ruby
File.read("myfile.txt") rescue puts "No file there" in Errno::ENOENT

A third suggestion, diggin up the `when` suggestion from earlier in an adapted way (like suggestion 2 above):

File.read("myfile.txt") rescue puts "No file there" when Errno::ENOENT

Using `if` here is probably not possible because that would clash with the postcondition modifier.

Greetings
Marvin

Feature #6739: One-line rescue statement should support specifying an exception class