It doesn't seem generic enough to be defined in `Enumerator`.
The receiver enumerator may return different object than its elements nor the results of the given block, whereas that `and_return` has to manage the association of them.

Why not simpler:

```ruby
[7, 8, 9].map{|e| e % 3}.max
# => 2
```

```ruby
["foo", "bar", "baz"].find{|e| break e if e = e[/(.)\1/]}
# => "oo"
```

or

```ruby
["foo", "bar", "baz"].grep(/(.)\1/) {break $&}
# => "oo"
```

Feature #12318: Returning the evaluated value of a block