Issue #12318 has been reported by Tsuyoshi Sawada.

Feature #12318: Returning the evaluated value of a block
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/12318

* Author: Tsuyoshi Sawada
* Assignee:
I often achieve an element using an iterator with a block, and then apply the same/a similar block to the element I get. Examples are:

~~~ruby
[7, 8, 9]
.max_by{|e| e % 3}
.tap{|e| break e % 3}
# => 2

["foo", "bar", "baz"]
.find{|e| e[/(.)\1/]}
.tap{|e| break e[/(.)\1/]}
# => "oo"
~~~

I would like a method on `Enumerator` that returns the result of the block rather than the original element in the iterator. Not sure about the name, but if I call it `and_return` temporary, it should look like:

~~~ruby
[7, 8, 9]
.max_by.and_return{|e| e % 3}
# => 2