Issue #12302 has been updated by karache deyong.

www.write-an-essay.org/
Wonderful article, a bunch of high-quality material. I’m going to point out to my girlftriend and ask them the things they think.

Backport #12302: at_exit status status is changed by raising/rescueing a exception in at_exit

* Author: Michael Grosser
* Assignee: Rei Odaira
~~~ruby
at_exit do
  puts "1 #{$!}"
end

at_exit do
  puts "2 #{$!}"
  raise 'x' rescue nil
end

at_exit do
  puts "3 #{$!}"
  exit 1
end
~~~

Nr 3 runs first and exits 1 ... Nr2 receives the correct exit status ... but using raise/rescue there overrides `$!` and Nr 1 thinks it is a clean exit ...

seems semi related to https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/5218 ... ideally the `at_exit` block should restore the previous `$!` ... or give some other way of knowing the exit status like passing it to the block

~~~ruby
at_exit do |exception|
~~~

--