Feature #12306: Implement String #blank? #present? and improve #strip and family to handle unicode

* Author: Sam Saffron
* Assignee:
Time and again there have been rejected feature requests to Ruby core to implement `blank` and `present` protocols across all objects as ActiveSupport does. I am fine with this call and think it is fair.

However, for the narrow case of String having `#blank?` and `#present?` makes sense.

- Provides a natural extension over `#strip`, `#lstrip` and `#rstrip`. `("   ".strip.length == 0) == "    ".blank?`

- Plays nicely with ActiveSupport, providing an efficient implementation in Ruby core: see: https://github.com/SamSaffron/fast_blank, implementing blank efficiently requires a c extension.

However, if this work is to be done, `#strip` and should probably start dealing with unicode blanks, eg:

```
irb(main):008:0> [0x3000].pack("U")
=> "กก"
irb(main):009:0> [0x3000].pack("U").strip.length
=> 1
```

So there are 2 questions / feature requests here

1. Can we add blank? and present? to String?
2. Can we amend strip and family to account for unicode per: https://github.com/SamSaffron/fast_blank/blob/master/ext/fast_blank/fast_blank.c#L43-L74

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/