ko1 / atdot.net wrote:
> Eric proposed that code should be limited in 80 column.
> https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/12236#note-1

Not a proposal, just citing existing/common standard:

	https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/EightyColumnRule

For what it's worth, my personal preference is around 64 columns
because I have a short attention span and bad eyesight.
However 80 columns is the common standard, so I manage with 80.

> At today's developer's meeting, I asked how long column is suitable.
>
> * declaration can over limitation.
> * logic should have some limitation (permit exceptional cases)

Longer format error messages are fine if it helps users find
errors with grep.  However, output of error messages should
still be wrapped at 80 for compatibility and readability.