I was on the meeting.  I'm for some line width cap, be they 80 or 120.
It is a good idea to be concise.  I'm especially for comments being concise.

However I don't like the idea of indiscreetly line-folding things _only because_ they are long.  I'd like to advise refactoring such function so that long lines would disappear.  When avoiding long lines makes it less intuitive, they should be left long I believe.  C's prototype declaration (especially with many const restrict pointers) is one of such example.

Misc #12277: Coding rule: colum number

* Author: Koichi Sasada
* Assignee:
Eric proposed that code should be limited in 80 column.
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/12236#note-1

At today's developer's meeting, I asked how long column is suitable.

* declaration can over limitation.
* logic should have some limitation (permit exceptional cases)

This is an survey at today's meeting.

```
Expected column limitation:
      80 none