Feature #7361: Adding Pathname#touch

* Author: Alexander E. Fischer
* Assignee: Akira Tanaka
Pathname has an #mkdir method to create a directory at the path, but does not have a #touch method to create an empty file at that path.

There were numerous cases where I had to fallback to using

new_file = Pathname.new('location/for/new/file')
FileUtils.touch(new_file)

instead of simply being able to use:

new_file.touch

I would like to add this method. If you like it, let me know. I will provide a patch then.

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/