z> Thank you Guy for posting this with your comments. So this is a bug I am taking it, is this
z> something that can be fixed rather easily or is this problem more difficult then that?

 Well this is not really a bug, this is how work a conservative GC which
 can mark object, because it find a reference on the stack. even if these
 objects are potentially dead (i.e. never referenced by other objects).

 Like I've said I think that the Boehm GC has some way to "clean" a stack
 when it's unused, just for this reason (to don't retrieve old reference to
 an object) but I don't think that :

  1) it can solve *all* these problems

  2) it's easy to do it

 Some time you must just try to adapt you to the ruby GC, which generally do a
 really good job.

Guy Decoux