Issue #12211 has been updated by Shunichi Arai.

Shyouhei Urabe wrote:
> Naming-wise, Rails (ActiveSupport) has Date#beginning_of_month.  That name can be more familiar to other devs.
>
> I'm against floor(:month) and such, especially against Time class.  The concept of "the second that a day begins" is not that concrete when it relates to summer time.  I recommend you to stick this proposal to Date only.

I think Date#beginning_of_month is bit verbose but okay too. How about to have an alias to Date#first_of_month?

floor(:month) looks elegant, but I think it's bit counter-intuitive. How about Date#day(n), Date#wday(n), or Date#year(n) which create a new date object with diffrent day / wday / year?

Feature #12211: introduce Date#first_of_month and Date#last_of_month