Issue #12208 has been updated by Robert A. Heiler.

ri is a bit weird, perhaps it is just that I got used to it not being that hugely important back in 2003 or
2004 or so.

I had to ask on stackoverflow how to obtain information from ri/rdoc, for use in a REPL.

The API is something like:

    RDoc::RI::Driver.process_args

It works fine, too, but finding this part is ... not really great. I'd wish there would be class methods for
this on the "RDoc." namespace directly, something readable like "RDoc.obtain_documentation_for(:this_method)"
or just something similar.

Anyway I very much support Yui Naruse's issue tracker here. The better ri, the more people will use it!

I would also like to suggest to style the http://ruby-doc.org/core-2.3.0/ page better.

For 2.3.0 it may be ok, but the whole ruby-doc.org site seems to have some missing stuff or links and
it is a bit confusing to use.

Personally for my own projects, I do not use rdoc. I do document my methods a lot, mind you, I just
do not use ri/rdoc much at all because I do not find them too useful. I have no idea what else to
use - right now I am settling for simply writing documentation into local .cgi pages which can
generate a .html page which can be used for autogenerating a .pdf file using wkhtmltopdf

This is not really pretty either but at least I get to style and design things how I want to.
(I would love to have a unified way to present both normal user documentation AND documentation
for the developer; I very much like the "click to view source" functionality, that part is
nice to have. If people want to obtain that information, they just click on it, and if they
do not need it, it is hidden by default.)

Anyway, not sure if this is helpful, just some semi-random thoughts from me.

Feature #12208: Improve ri command