Bug #12198: Hash#== sometimes returns false incorrectly

* Author: Sebastian Skalacki
* Assignee: Akinori MUSHA
* ruby -v: ruby 2.4.0dev (2016-03-11 trunk 54086) [x86_64-darwin14]
Hi!

Sorry for lack of the accuracy in the bug title. I have some trouble with pinpointing the issue.

According to documentation, "two hashes are equal if they each contain the same number of keys and if each key-value pair is equal to (according to Object#==) the corresponding elements in the other hash." I was able to produce two hashes which satisfy this condition, however the method returns false. In other words, following happens:

~~~
e.class #=> Hash
r.class #=> Hash
e.size == r.size #=> true
e.each_pair.to_a == r.each_pair.to_a #=> true
e == r #=> false
~~~

That happens in Ruby 1.9.3, 2.3, 2.4 and probably in other versions as well. Pure Ruby, no gem could interfere.

Happy Easter ]:->

problem.rb (1.69 KB)

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/