Misc #12124: Use Automake

* Author: C.J. Collier
* Assignee: C.J. Collier
It looks like there is a lot of duplicate code that could be removed by making use of automake.

Are there any reasons why this should not be done?

I've got some patches up for review here:

https://github.com/ruby/ruby/compare/trunk...LLC-Technologies-Collier:trunk?expand=1

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/