Issue #12173 has been updated by Andrew Vit.

Tsuyoshi Sawada wrote:
> That is a homonym (as well as a homograph) of the word in question.

I also think "till" is the traditional spelling ("till the cows come home") and I've seen
the apostrophe 'til used more frequently (USA/Canada) in modern writing but I still
prefer "until" anyway.

For reference, ActiveSupport also defines similar methods for numeric classes:
http://api.rubyonrails.org/classes/ActiveSupport/Duration.html#method-i-until
(These are the inverse receiver/types of the proposed method.)

Feature #12173: `Time#till_now`