On 02/29/2016 03:17 PM, Eric Wong wrote:
> shyouhei / ruby-lang.org wrote:
>> - I'm afraid automake contaminates this project with GPL.
>
> Not true, automake gives something like the following:
>
> # This Makefile.in is free software; the Free Software Foundation
> # gives unlimited permission to copy and/or distribute it,
> # with or without modifications, as long as this notice is preserved.
>
> Either the above or special exception (same thing we already have
> for autoconf-generated stuff).

What was in my mind was not Makefile.in but config.sub and other files that slip into a project.  They are not generated, rather pure redistributions of GPLed software.

But it seems the current config.sub comes in GPL with exception clause so it might be OK.  Not checked everything that ships with automake though.  I'd like to withdraw this first point.