The Code of Conducts basically amount to a "code of wrongthink". This can
be best described when some of their advocates, like for example in the
Node project make respositories called "mansplain" and "misandry", or when
speakers at OSCON are caught with mugs reading "male tears" and using the
"#killallmen" hashtag, and are ironically ignored when you report these
matters whatsoever.

More importantly many in the industry have taken af "extend, embrace,
extinguish" mentality to open source, projects that have been initially
open source have become monetized and controlled by organizations, which
have no intention of allowing open governance or control over the code
base, and use these sort of "code of conducts" to label dissenting opinions
as "toxic" or heretical.

I'd also like to mention that blacklisting is generally considered illegal,
and I consider the application of sanctioned discrimination, even
politically correct forms of it as illegal as well.

"The *Hollywood blacklist*¡½as the broader *entertainment industry blacklist* is
generally known¡½was the practice of denying employment to screenwriters,
actors, directors, musicians, and other American entertainment
professionals during the mid-20th century because of their suspected
Communist sympathy or membership in the Communist Party."

"John Henry Faulk won his lawsuit in 1962. With this court decision, the
private blacklisters and those who used them were put on notice that they
were legally liable <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_liability> for the
professional and financial damage they caused. This helped to bring an end
to publications such as *Counterattack"*