The Code of Conducts basically amount to a "code of wrongthink". This can
be best described when some of their advocates, like for example in the
Node project make respositories called "mansplain" and "misandry", or when
speakers at OSCON are caught with mugs reading "male tears" and using the
"#killallmen" hashtag, and are ironically ignored when you report these
matters whatsoever.

More importantly many in the industry have taken af "extend, embrace,
extinguish" mentality to open source, projects that have been initially
open source have become monetized and controlled by organizations, which
have no intention of allowing open governance or control over the code
base, and use these sort of "code of conducts" to label dissenting opinions
as "toxic" or heretical.

I'd also like to mention that blacklisting is generally considered illegal,
and I consider the application of sanctioned discrimination, even
politically correct forms of it as illegal as well.

"The *Hollywood blacklist*¡½as the broader *entertainment industry blacklist* is
generally known¡½was the practice of denying employment to screenwriters,
actors, directors, musicians, and other American entertainment
professionals during the mid-20th century because of their suspected
Communist sympathy or membership in the Communist Party."

"John Henry Faulk won his lawsuit in 1962. With this court decision, the
private blacklisters and those who used them were put on notice that they
were legally liable <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_liability> for the
professional and financial damage they caused. This helped to bring an end
to publications such as *Counterattack"*

> FYI I just got doxed for my role in proposing a code of conduct for the
> Ruby community. In case you don't know, this means that my private contact
> information was researched and publicized for the sake of encouraging
> offline threats and harassment. These are the lengths that some people will
> go to in order to support the status quo. I'm not looking for sympathy or
> support, I just want you to be aware that this kind of crap happens and
> it's happening now in direct response to this thread. MINASWAN.

 An uncharitable reading of your comment suggests that we should not talk
> about harassment, diversity, and inclusivity because it brings out the
> worst in people. As someone who works for change in tech and open source I
> can tell you that this is always the consequence of challenging the
> establishment. The question you should be asking is why people will fight
> so violently for the status quo. People with greater advantage are openly
> hostile toward underrepresented people and that's somehow our fault because
> we dared to point it out?
(supressed text/html)