Issue #12050 has been updated by Usaku NAKAMURA.

Nobuyoshi Nakada wrote:
> Eliminating all ambiguities is not always convenient, I think.

The convenience is derived from your knowledge about the implementation.
For others who are not familiar with the implementation, the behavior is unpredictable.
The unpredictability may cause undesirable troubles.

Note that I don't talking about `--dump` option because it's for debugging the interpreter,
and the debugger should know well about the implementation :-)

Bug #12050: Should feature processing really accept any substring of the feature name?