Issue #12050 has been updated by Thomas Enebo.

Nobuyoshi Nakada wrote:
> Intentional, and resolved in the defined order when it is ambiguous.
> I don't want to write `--enable=frozen-string-literal`, but `--enable=frozen` or shorter.

ok.  Thanks for the clarification.

Bug #12050: Should feature processing really accept any substring of the feature name?

* Author: Thomas Enebo
* Assignee:
* ruby -v:
* Backport: 2.0.0: UNKNOWN, 2.1: UNKNOWN, 2.2: UNKNOWN, 2.3: UNKNOWN
ruby --disable-gems -e 1
ruby --disable-gem -e 1
ruby --disable-ge -e 1
ruby --disable-g -e 1

I found this because in test_syntax.rb someone used --disable-gem and JRuby is currently doing matches on the full feature name and erroring otherwise.  If this is intentional it means no two features should ever start with the same letter...

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/