Issue #12004 has been updated by Yuri Leikind.

Disclaimer: Yes, this is a new account, but I am not new in the Ruby community, and I am not hiding my identity.

I am for a Code of Conduct.

I am also for a CoC equally applying to everyone equally. In this regards I have a few questions for Coraline:

1) You tweeted recently:
> *You know what not ice Not moderating a CoC discussion featuring racism, sexism, transphobia, homophobia, and impersonation."* https://twitter.com/CoralineAda/status/692214992263856130 .

There was indeed ugly impersonation.  But what about the rest? I am confused. Could you please specify which comments included

a) racism
b) sexism
c) transphobia
d) homophobia

I would appreciate a list of comment numbers, at least one per point. Or you are accusing everyone who disagrees with you in this thread of racism, sexism, transphobia, and homophobia? If so, this is sad.

2) Do you approve of this tweet and its tone: https://twitter.com/krainboltgreene/status/690437246059556864 (the first response to this tweet is from me).  Of course you are not responsible for what others say, but I would very much like to know your opinion. Do you find this tweet inappropriate? Does it contradict Contributor Covenant?

3) In the heat of discussions in this thread you retweeted this: https://twitter.com/ashedryden/status/690974412112158720
>*"It°«s not a °»diversity problem°…. It°«s a racist, cissexist, misogynist, toxic masculinity, greedy, self-absorbed asshole problem."*.
 Is it related somehow to this discussion? Do you really consider people who disagree with you in this thread racist cissexist misogynist greedy self-absorbed assholes?

4) You tweeted
>*"Amended screenshot for full context: Someone just referenced GAE with a straight face on the Ruby CoC issue."*   https://twitter.com/CoralineAda/status/691007711824089088 .

As far as I know Gregory Alan Elliott was recently found not guilty. What is criminal in mentioning him, could you please elaborate?

5) Don't you think that instead of accusing people of certain vices in your personal twitter it would be more honest to do it in this thread? Say, if there is really homophobia here, as you said, why not call it out here?

6) Do you realize that anyone can read your twitter and that the twitter Caroline is quite different from the Caroline in this thread? Do you understand that that twitter Caroline is actually hurting your cause as much as Opalgate?

Thank you. May the {force,peace} be with you.

Misc #12004: Code of Conduct

* Author: Coraline Ada Ehmke
* Assignee: Yukihiro Matsumoto

Screen Shot 2016-01-22 at 6.45.23 PM.png (595 KB)
Ruby_Code_of_Conduct_Numbers.png (119 KB)
Ruby_Code_of_Conduct_Discussion.png (143 KB)

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/