coraline / idolhands.com wrote:

> FYI I just got doxed for my role in proposing a code of conduct for the Ruby community.
> In case you don't know, this means that my private contact information was researched
> and publicized for the sake of encouraging offline threats and harassment. These are
> the lengths that some people will go to in order to support the status quo.

Might we perhaps begin on a point of agreement, that the actions described above are not
those of reasonable people?

> [...] I can tell you that this is always the consequence of challenging the establishment.
> The question you should be asking is why people will fight so violently for the status quo.

When you put it that way, one wonders if you might somehow be blissfully unaware of the
acres of archived posts and videos from social justice proponents, harassing and doxxing
*their* opponents?  And the string of credible bomb threats called in disrupting multiple
events which were simply peaceful gatherings of social libertarians?  Or the bomb threat
that succeeded in disrupting the Society of Professional Journalists AirPlay event, which
was a peaceful debate with GamerGate supporters on questions of journalistic ethics?

I'd suggest the takeaway here is that unreasonable people seem to be distributed
__throughout the Internet__.

And I'd hope that reasonable people might find common cause in condemning unreasonable
actions and behavior, regardless from which 'camp' it originates.  (As indeed I would
condemn your being doxxed.)

Reasonable people can disagree peaceably.

(A recent such example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5-oG0L6ZnU )

Regards,

Bill