Issue #12004 has been updated by Charles Ayaka.

Coraline Ada Ehmke wrote:
> FYI I just got doxed for my role in proposing a code of conduct for the Ruby community. In case you don't know, this means that my private contact information was researched and publicized for the sake of encouraging offline threats and harassment. These are the lengths that some people will go to in order to support the status quo. I'm not looking for sympathy or support, I just want you to be aware that this kind of crap happens and it's happening now in direct response to this thread. MINASWAN.

That's unfortunate and I'm sorry that this is happening to you.

What you might not be aware of is that your approach to all of this might not be the best way. You and your followers are publicly criticizing and shaming the project leaders on Twitter, which is only inviting the toxic elements to this thread. Matz has stated that he intends to implement a code of conduct, so why does that not satisfy you? People have genuine concerns over this and that does not mean they should be shamed or labeled as harassers, to do that is to be every bit as exclusionary and intolerant as the actions you are trying to prevent.

Frankly, as a newcomer I do not feel this community is welcoming because of this very thread. I do not want to see anyone harassed in any community that I am a part of, but I also want everyone to have a right to their own views and the right to express them respectfully. That, in my mind should be the first value in your code of conduct.

~A

Misc #12004: Code of Conduct