Issue #12004 has been updated by Chris Travers.

Just some clarification of context on this for the record.  Again, my goal is not to debate whether we need a CoC but to make sure that perspectives are on the table.

Coraline Ada Ehmke wrote:
> It should be noted that the leaders of the Postgres project rejected the language in the proposed CoC and have decided to consult with professionals on developing an appropriate code of conduct for their community. In light of that I don't think that we should be considering their draft as a possibility. Details are here: http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/56A8516B.8000105 / agliodbs.com

This is somewhat true and somewhat false.  They didn't entirely reject it.  They considered the text among others, as presumably Matz is doing here.  I am actually impressed by how the process appears to be occurring in a very parallel way.

Also one point about the PostgreSQL community is that we didn't see the major division that is happening here, and the individual who most favored the Contributor's Covenant showed himself to be very willing to consider the problems this would pose for a global project.  Based on the conversations across the spectrum, there is no chance that PostgreSQL will choose a code of conduct which compromises a general political neutrality in the community (there is total consensus that political agendas do not belong in the code of conduct).

I am sure when this is done, we in the Ruby community, will all come together again as a community and any rifts will be quickly healed.

Misc #12004: Code of Conduct

* Author: Coraline Ada Ehmke
* Assignee: Yukihiro Matsumoto

Screen Shot 2016-01-22 at 6.45.23 PM.png (595 KB)
Ruby_Code_of_Conduct_Numbers.png (119 KB)
Ruby_Code_of_Conduct_Discussion.png (143 KB)

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/