On Fri, Jan 29, 2016 at 1:37 AM, <angularjays / monumentmail.com> wrote:

> Issue #12004 has been updated by Jay S.
>

> Quite simply: nobody on Ruby's mailing list has been harassed or
> marginalized. Not in this thread, and not in any thread to date. I've been
> on the mailing list for quite some time as a lurker. I have seen many very
> heated exchanges, but I've never seen anything that came close to requiring
> any form of moderator action. It's great to have a document to point people
> at to remind them of the etiquette of a mailing list / issue tracker, but
> nobody has overtly (or repeatedly) violated the etiquette without it being
> rectified in the very thread.

This statement is not true. There is a post by °»ph ph°… thatincludes a
direct threat to push someone from this community through harassment
because of what °»ph ph°… considers to be ideological impurity. This threat
has not been addressed or retracted (in fact, °»ph ph°… doubled down on it).

I believe that if a CoC (with enforcable penalties) had existed prior to
> this discussion, you would have seen a number of requests to enforce sucha
> CoC on both ends for this thread. If you agree with the above, you would
> also believe that these requests would be knee-jerk reactions to statements
> that others would have misinterpreted as malicious when they were not.
> Again: no CoC rules (even as per Coraline's listing) have *actually* been
> broken here.

Again, this statement is not true, even ignoring the direct threat by °»ph
ph°…. The troll who impersonated Coraline *clearly* broke *any* sensible
convention for a community, as did the anti-Semitic poster (also a troll).
There are a few other posts here which I would consider borderline and
quite possibly *over* the line (a few posts with racist, sexist, and/or
transphobic statements have been made which should *not* be considered
acceptable and most certainly don°«t fit the °»MINASWAN°… ideal that most
opponents to CoCs have declared to be °»sufficient°…).

-a
--
Austin Ziegler  halostatue / gmail.com  austin / halostatue.ca
http://www.halostatue.ca/  http://twitter.com/halostatue