>This is a deflection. The problem that some of us are calling out is that
*you may not see the problems* because you are not attuned to them. I
rarely see the problems because Im not attuned to them naturally (this is
something I have to work at because I reflect the majority in many
different ways).

So go and show us examples of someone being treated differently due to
his/her/it sexual, religious or any other views/habits/believes by Ruby
community. While you are at it, I'd like to remind you about Elia still
being harassed by this fine group due to his believes. Problem with this
code of conduct is that it'll reduce freedoms and rights of people not
sharing your version of reality.

>See, this is part of the problem. Yes, there are women who code. But there
are subtle disincentives to contribution for a lot of women, and
comparisons like this (I havent seen anything useful, so nothing shes
done must be useful) are one such disincentive.

And this is words juggling. Yes, there are women who code, no one is
arguing with this. Some of them are good at it, some of them are bad - just
like men. I was talking about particular case - Coraline - and I would have
asked same questions if she 'd be male or undecided or whatever. For what I
care you are all letters on my display and I treat you all equally.

Next statements are just statistics derived from my 20 years of experience
as engineer (working with different teams in different counties) and some
publicly available data. In any team, I worked with, women/men are ~
1/10.If you'll look at github and look for accounts with photos on them -
like 90% of them will be of caucasian or asian male. I'm not trying to
imply anything from these facts (e.g. best engineer I worked with during my
career was actually black (and I don't care about USA PC - we call black
people "black" here and everybody, including black people, are OK with
that)), just something for you to think about.