On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 12:20 AM, <nekocat432 / yahoo.com> wrote:

> Issue #12004 has been updated by Ruby Dino.
>

> Coraline Ada Ehmke wrote:
> > It's not about my values, it's about our shared values. I'm encouraging
> us to figure them out, write them down, and enforce them.
> >
> > If we can't even agree on a common set of values then we're not really a
> community at all. And that makes me sad.
>
> Our shared values and goals are to enhance the lives of others through
> technology, not sociology.
>
> **definition of community: a group of people living in the same place or
> having a particular characteristic in common.**

Stop using the dictionary to be deceitful, please. Definition 2 reads **a
feeling of fellowship with others, as a result of sharing common attitudes,
interests, and goals**.

Our particular characteristic is Ruby, not people. While I'm getting the
> gist of what you're trying to accomplish, I believe it's better to set upa
> different area for what you're trying to accomplish just as there are
> meetings and groups set up for a particular cultural subset.

Here”Ēs the problem: the wider Ruby community *already exists*. Whether you
really want to admit it or not, it does. Setting up a different area helps
nothing whatsoever.

-a
--
Austin Ziegler  halostatue / gmail.com  austin / halostatue.ca
http://www.halostatue.ca/  http://twitter.com/halostatue